Five Mysteries Of Palm Sunday Uncovered
Palm Sunday, the day of Jesus' ' Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem began the most important week in human history. On this day, a parade featuring Jesus riding on a young donkey began at Bethsaida and proceeded into Jerusalem. Multitudes joined the processional by laying leafy branches and clothing in the pathway and shouting, "Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! The King of Israel!". Have you ever wondered what this "parade" was really all about?
There are a number of mysteries related to the Palm Sunday event. When we explore and uncover them, we will find treasures that will change us!. Here is a list of the mysteries that we will explore:
- The Mystery of the Day. Why did Jesus choose "Palm Sunday" for His Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem?
- The Mystery of the Donkeys. Why did Jesus need donkeys for the Triumphal Entry?
- The Mystery of Jerusalem's Destruction. Why did Jesus prophesy Jerusalem's coming destruction on Palm Sunday?
- The Mystery of the Denial. Why didn't the Jewish leaders know that their Messiah would present himself on Palm Sunday?
- The Mystery of the Declaration. Why did Jesus allow the crowds to praise and worship Him on Palm Sunday?
Each of these mysteries will be discussed in a separate article. Follow the Parable Power blog over the next few days to read them. You can get a head start and learn more about "Palm Sunday" with these articles and videos:
The Triumphal Entry - Part I
The Triumphal Entry - Part Ii
The Power In The Parable
We search the scriptures because God has promised to CHANGE US if we do this! He actually hides "secrets" for us to discover. When we invest in the quest to unravel these mysteries, we are rewarded with wisdom and the power to live a productive life! This is a "hidden treasure" that has been reserved for us. Consider these verses:
"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." - Matthew 13:44
"... it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven..." Matthew 13:11
When we uncover God's mysteries, He gives us "true treasure". We cherish these gifts and with joy hide them away in our hearts. We invite you to join us as we uncover the mysteries of "Palm Sunday".